View Single Post
Old 25 August 2020, 18:34   #1
schotty

New to Amigas and FS-UAE, help with sharing data between VM and host.

Greetings, I am rather new to Amigas, owned C64 until I bought a Cyrix 486 for myself with my grocery store money! So bear with me if ANY of this is obvious to an actual competent Amiga owner.

So I got two VMs made -- A4000 68K with os 3.9, A4000 PPC with os4.1. Neither of them I can give the drivers to for the NIC. So no networking. All of the tricks I googled (passing the lha as a floppy image, shared host drive with the archives in there) worked at all. The closest I got was FS-UAE having a shitfit over the host folder map on boot on the 4.1 install. If I can get ONE of them connected I can download the driver from aminet to a shareable ADF or HDF the others' drivers.

So before I just outright bribe someone to make me an ADF of the drivers, what I am I missing? I would like to toy around and get a feel for stuff before fixing my two broken Amigas up or even pimping them out with all the nifties my ST and 64 have.

FWIW:
Fedora 32 x64 Host
Kickstarts procured from Amiga Forever installed via wine and Archive.org
Bought the classic version of 4.1F from Hyperion last week, not sure where I got my 3.9 stuff from to be honest.

Other than networking, both VMs seem to be in good working order.
Attempting to install the ethernet driver here - http://de4.aminet.net/driver/net/Ethernet.readme (yeah, I know thats the readme).

Thanks,
Andrew.

Page generated in 0.04291 seconds with 11 queries