View Single Post
Old 09 October 2021, 20:28   #20
JJ__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy View Post
Hi,

I put this here to help the sellers and also the buyers. As I think all new A1200 accelerators use the same 'new edge connector'

Some A1200 motherboards dont have a bevel/chamfer on the edge connector. I have noticed 2 1B motherboards missing this.
If you dont have a chamfer/bevel then there is a good chance the accelerator card will become damaged with the pins in the 'new edge connector' getting bent! I found out the hard way.
Also loosen the motherboard screw near the edge connector when installing the new accelerator as the 'new edge connector 'is thicker than the original so it might be a too tight fit.

The good news is it is quite easy to file a bevel/chamfer into the A1200 motherboard, but obviously involves some work and taking the computer apart.

Hopefully adding this note to the install guide will reduce potential returns and disappointment to buyers. This new card might have a different sourced edge connector, but it is still good to highlight this potential issue to sellers and buyers now that new A1200 cards are coming out.

Thanks
Hi Higggy,

Would it be possible to post a picture of what you are talking about please so I can check on my A1200 motherboard?

Thank you!

Page generated in 0.04493 seconds with 11 queries