View Single Post
Old 17 December 2009, 08:27   #15
Paul_s

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyLucke View Post
Well, as long as they didn't have 10v 1000uf caps gave me 16v 1000uf... At the shop they told me it would be ok, some friend of mine who knows quite about electronics told me it's not a perfect deal but that would work ok.

It seems it turned to be difficult to find some needed 10v 1000uf caps.

About the caps facing to the wrong side, well, my board looks like exactly like the one in the picture and caps are facing that way. That's the way they were placed formerly, and the way the diagram on the board explains...

Are you sure and absolutelly sure about your observation regarding caps facing position?
I mean, what you say is very strange, could a serious company like Commodore to make such a mistake on all the units?

If you're right that could explain WHY the newly replaced caps got bulged in around an hour after soldered 'em on the board. I was thinking the PSU could be damaged or something.

So again... Are you sure the caps facing in the way shown on the picture are wrong?

It's not like i don't believe you, and you're some experienced member here, so i should take your word, but, no offence, it's hard to believe a so-called serious company could fuck up an entire line of consoles in an stupid way like this...

Cheers!
If you're after a new set of 2 of the electrolytic caps which need replacing then I have some spare brand new Nichon jobbies you can have... PM me address details if interested and I can pop them in the post tomorrow

Infact I have 6 going spare (i think!). If anyone wants a set of two let me know (so that's two other people if my maths is correct).

Page generated in 0.04245 seconds with 11 queries