View Single Post
Old 16 December 2014, 09:09   #6
Mousey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
@Mousey: Could you do me a favor and run 2.5.21dev or 2.5.22dev again (and make sure it runs slowly). While it runs, please check what processes are using much CPU in the task manger. Then quit and send the resulting fs-uae.log.txt to frode@fs-uae.net
Well that's weird.

I reinstalled 2.5.21dev, and sure enough the launcher takes ages to load again... but the emulation speed was normal! I tried different configurations, and all were fine.

I looked at the Processes, and the only thing taking any CPU time was FS-UAE (I did this from fresh boot) - all other figures were zero with maybe the odd task flickering to 1 occasionally. Just for your info, each FS-UAE configuration took the following CPU time while mid-game:

Amiga 500+ / Amiga 600 - 3/4
Amiga 1200 / Amiga 1200 (68020) - 4/5
Amiga 4000 / Amiga 4000 (68040) - 12/13

Just for something else to try, I reinstalled 2.5.22dev, but it's the same - slow launch, but normal emulation speed. Lastly, I reinstalled 2.5.20dev (which was all fine), and then 2.5.21dev, but again, slow launch, normal speed.

I just can't recreate the slowdown problem since installing 2.5.22dev2, but I don't understand why! Previously I could install 2.5.21/22dev (slow speed) and 2.5.20dev (normal speed) any number of times, and each time the emulation speed would slowdown or return to normal accordingly.

I'm more than happy to help, so if you can suggest something else for me to try then please do. I didn't e-mail a log as I haven't had a slowdown, but if you would still like one then let me know.

Page generated in 0.04322 seconds with 11 queries