View Single Post
Old 10 December 2014, 11:53   #11
nandius_c
Fernando Cabrera

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx View Post
'wo' writes a directly executable file.
'wl' writes a linkable object file (not executable until linked).

Maybe a bug. Attach the example object files or send them to me by private mail and I could analyze the problem.

I tried that with AsmOne 1.49 and can reproduce the problem. A bug in AsmOne. 'wo' seems ok and provides the memory attributes in the executable, but 'wl' does not. Your DATA_C (and DATA_F) is ignored in the object file. That makes AsmOne nearly useless for linking.
I'm really surprised about your answer... I like AsmOne, but I've been thinking of trying another assembler and, if you're right, now I have another GOOD reason to do it. I will try with AsmPro tonight and let you know about the results (I guess it will work as DrCinicus already mentioned using the 'wl' command from AsmPro). Thank you so much!

EDIT: I have found this link relating to AsmOne v1.48 with info about errors dealing with sections and the 'wl' command... http://www.theflamearrows.info/documents/asmfuture.html It doesn't seem to be the same problem I'm having, but if v1.47 had such a bug, imagine v1.20 (the one I'm using)...

Last edited by nandius_c; 10 December 2014 at 12:53.

Page generated in 0.04555 seconds with 11 queries