View Single Post
Old 08 October 2014, 12:50   #231
Marmes

Dear Jens,

I do agree it's not easy, but I think it's not hard to the point to take more than 2 years to understand how things work, and trying to put so many features inside a small hardware can be a daunting experience, when we users all that wanted was a scandoubler. I now regret to sell my indi in favour of this one, but you must see Mr. Jens, that in terms of versatility , if this board was released and worked as it should, it would fit both A1200 and A4000. For an upgrade or downgrade point of view it's a good product.
You have such nice working products, but I never understood why those board shapes. In this moment that's not even an issue. I would like to have my Indi back, because now it works as it should, but from principle I want scanjuggler or my money back. I am entitled to change my mind after one hole year and 3 months and several next week promisses, and constant design changes. Mr. Dezz is having the kind behaviour that makes people, give up from this retro thing. I thank you for having that position and try to help things out.
Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Marmes,

you're making it sound like it's an easy job. It isn't. A flickerfixer with async picture output has multiple clock domains that need to be syncronized properly. Metastability is a big issue with this kind of task. Hardware is high-speed digital design, and you need to do some research about the Amiga chipset to properly catch picture-start and line-start, let alone screenmode recognition. That's not a weekend job, and it's definitely not "just a porting job" for an open-source design. Dezz has taken himself to a class of design that's way more difficult than an accelerator. Maybe he is just realizing that now.

I know this looks like competition to Indivision AGA MK2, but I hate to see Amigans lose their money. Maybe I can help: The new production run of A1200 flickerfixers is already running, and if Dezz wants to serve his waiting customers, he could buy a few of these flickerfixers from me at dealer price. This way, waiting customers have a known-good product, and he has enough time to finish his development without the pressure of users going after him legally.

Jens

Page generated in 0.04630 seconds with 10 queries