View Single Post
Old 26 December 2013, 12:43   #1628
Crashdisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
@Crashdisk:
Another problem(2 different disks - same problem):
C/border | 8.544|00000000|OK|OK|KO|1978.01.01 00:00|Sect 884 seq 1 => Wrong data block sequence Quote:
C/border | 12.460|00000000|OK|OK|KO|1978.01.01 00:00|Sect 884 seq 1 => Wrong data block sequence

In this case DMS-Workshop is not able to extract corrupt file.
I think there exists no "border" command with this specific sizes, at least my scan was not succesful.
Any Idea?
Is the errror original(bad compiled disk), since all other parts of this series used "border" command with size 4628?
I found a disk with this problem. The header and the data sectors of the files has strong anomaly (link-virus?contamination aborted?). That is why it can not be extracted.

Quote:
@Crashdisk:
What means "hacked sectors", when fixing an image?
the replacement file you used is not identical to the original file. Accordingly, "Hacked sectors" is the number of sectors in good condition you have changed (with data from the new file). It is easy to replace a file with a variant, which is why you should use this feature with caution.
Note that this notification is related to the last update DMS-Workshop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashdisk View Post
Quote:
Quote:
s/Startup-sequence | 149|D117D151|OK|OK|OK|1978.10.09 01:42|The size specified in the header is wrong (142 bytes)
Is it easy to fix without changing disk structure?
In this case there is real trouble with this startup-sequence, there is some garbage inside!
It would be easy but ...:
I suppose that "waste" is in reality the start command of a virus that modified the startup-sequence file.
The solution is not to fix the size of the file but remove the virus command to restore the original size.
good example:
Code:
 ------------------ 
| startup-sequence |
 ------------------ 
| *** ›A           |
| c/add21k         |
| s/gatemenu       |
| s/gatemenuload   |
 ------------------ 

------------------- -------- -------- -- -- -- ---------------- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Content list      |  Size  | CRC32  |BA|HR|SQ|      Date      | Error reporting                                                       |
------------------- -------- -------- -- -- -- ---------------- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
s/startup-sequence |      42|FF3A739C|OK|OK|OK|1978.01.01 00:00|The size specified in the header is wrong (35 bytes)                   |
***                |   2.916|BB8E67CC|OK|OK|OK|2003.10.26 17:01|Virus : Butonic Jeff v3.00                                             |

Last edited by Crashdisk; 27 December 2013 at 22:16.

Page generated in 0.04311 seconds with 11 queries