View Single Post
Old 30 July 2013, 09:36   #234
OddbOd

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigafan33 View Post
Hi, I'm new here. I just wanted to know why the amiga had a power button on the power brick but no power button on the machine itself or on keyboard, while the c64 had its power switch on the side of the machine, and PCs have both a power supply switch AND a power button on the machine?
There is no absolute answer to this question but I would guess that it's because the 64 had no standard soft reset mechanism (you had to wire in a reset button yourself) whereas the Amiga did, turning the computer off and back on again was the "normal" method of restarting the 64. As for PCs, the ones that were available when the 64 & Amiga were developed did not have front panel power buttons (that wasn't common until the 90s) only reset and sometimes a clock frequency switch, it was still the norm to turn the machine off at the power supply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofchaos View Post
I have a question. Who is "Fungus The Bogeyman"?
A well known British children's book character from the 70s that was ripped off some years later by William Steig to create Shrek (this is not true though there are some obvious similarities between the two characters).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
This is different bug. It makes extra PAL area completely inaccessible.
Was that the PAL machine reboots in 60Hz bug? I still don't understood the exact circumstances under which this happens but would be interested to find out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Beanbag View Post
There is a hardware register starting in ECS that you can set a bit to switch between 50Hz and 60Hz.
Is it time to muddy the waters by pointing out that 50Hz vs 60Hz refresh is not that same thing as PAL vs NTSC output?

Page generated in 0.04348 seconds with 11 queries