View Single Post
Old 30 November 2012, 23:54   #3
toprak

Ahoi Again,

First things first:
@FrodeSolheim: thank you for your fast reply!

Maybe my main question was not precise enough, so I will try it again:

>> [..] Is there a tutorial? [..]
So, there is no tutorial or documentation on that issue, or is there one, and I couldn't find it?

And now some further questions:

>> [..] config files in several locations (for different use cases) [..]
Hm, any interest in explaining which use cases? Or is there a document explaining that (http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/configuration-files is not helping much)? Are there any plans to work on that. Is help needed on this?

>> [..] If you create the file "Portable.ini" (it can be an empty file) [..]
If file can be empty, I guess, it can also contain something :] Is there a documentation (Deja vu :] I know, this question appears often in my postings...)

>> [..] and the default directories will automatically be stored like this [..]
Is there any chance (at the moment) to force fs-uae/fs-uae launcher to use the directories I entered in one of the configuration files (e.g. config.fs-uae)? Because at the moment it creates e.g. "Kickstarts" even if in the configuration file (e.g. config.fs-uae) an other directory (e.g. $EXE/../roms) is entered.

>> [..] The only things that will be currently stored outside this directory are: - the settings file for FS-UAE Launcher [..]
What are the reason for doing it this way, when there is a "portable.ini" present? Are there plans to change that in the future (so that I don't have to think about that all the time {... 1) I have to make FS-UAE Launcher Portable. 2) I have to save the world. 1.) I have to make FS-UAE...} :] )

For clarification (please, correct me if I am wrong): The order fs-uae looks for the configuration files is:

- 1: [Relative Configuration File]> $EXE/config.fs-uae
$EXE/config.fs-uae
When both, <config.fs-uae> and <fs-uae.conf> are in the same directory, <config.fs-uae> has higher priority.

- 2: [Hidden Default Configuration File]> $HOME/.config/fs-uae/fs-uae.conf
As I did not know, where it should be stored under Microsoft Window Systems I tried it in the $EXE path:
$EXE/fs-uae.conf
And yes, if <config.fs-uae> is not present in the $EXE directory, this file is loaded.

- 3: [Default]> Documents/FS-UAE/Configurations/Default.fs-uae
$EXE/Config.fs-uae

-- What's the idee behind the [Hidden Default Configuration File]?

-- What's the difference between [Relative Configuration File] and [Hidden Default Configuration File]?

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Page generated in 0.06229 seconds with 11 queries