View Single Post
Old 21 September 2012, 03:10   #15
MadAngus
AMOS Documentation

Been wanting to do this for a while and since I can't currently afford to learn electronics buy buying small kits to practice on, I thought I'd start with getting experience with schematics.

I've got the ball rolling on this and have attached the first wip pages of the schematics below.

If you spot any errors or have any tips feel free to post and let me know.

Couple of questions and points:
At the right of the schematic you will notice a 16R4 chip, is this a Programmable Array Logic Chip or something altogether different?

On the MC68881 chip I have forgotten to add the VCC label to _Size (pin 18). I'll get that fixed in the next release.

You will notice some gate component graphics are not displayed properly. this is either due to Kicad not properly defining the curved lines as ellipses when plotting to svg. When opened in Inkscape it just draws them as polylines. Either that or it's Inkscape's implementation of svg that's causing some problem.

I'll need to figure out what I'm going to do as a result of the svg problem. I wouldn't need svg if Kicad allowed the schematic to be scaled. I might ditch Kicad and try out Designspark, we'll see.

And finally, I'll probable be doing a couple of pages a month due the time spent on other projects.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf A1200_Schematics_wip01.pdf (879.4 KB, 449 views)

Page generated in 0.04454 seconds with 12 queries