View Single Post
Old 27 April 2012, 20:22   #197
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

First of all, thank you for your enthusiasm for FS-UAE, mrsequin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrseguin View Post
First with the joystick gamepads configurations (being recognized and modding some buttons..)its so confusing to see so many ways (because also of so many joysticks gamepads)to put some inputs...I'm sure I'm not the only one that is confused but being so easy for others people make me sometimes feeling a bit dumb...nobody is perfect...

Would LOVE so much to see a vid on youtube about somebody who go through the configuration of a classic gamepad and a non classic gamepad and mapping on some buttons some keyboards key useful for some games.
Sometimes vids are clearer than words....
There is a guide here: http://fengestad.no/wp/fs-uae/custom...-configuration, but it would of course be easier to follow with some screenshots and tutorial explaining each step. This is soon needless though, because I have created a configuration tool (screenshot attached). It is written in Python/wxPython. It is meant to be distributed with the upcoming launcher program, but the tool is done, and I can make a distribution of the gamepad configuration tool for Windows now if this will help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrseguin View Post
Second is it possible to launch different games stored in"floppies"folder?
When we launched the emu it launched the "adf" that is defined with df0 but after when I go to "removable media" it asked me to "insert in df0" but none of the adf (I copied in floppies folder)are listed..
You must manually specify the files you want to have in the floppes list, for instance:
Code:
floppy_image_0 = some game disk 1.adf
floppy_image_1 = some game disk 2.adf
floppy_image_2 = some game disk 3.adf
For multiple games, the best way would be to create a separate configuration file for each game (and floppy_image_0... options is then useful when the game has more disks than available floppy drives, for instance Monkey Island 2 with its 11 disks..). By choosing to open an .fs-uae with FS-UAE.exe (in Windows), and choosing to always open .fs-uae files in FS-UAE, you can start games by doubleclicking on the configuration files...

I am working on a launcher to help people start FS-UAE without messing with configuration files (see attached screenshot 2). It starts FS-UAE just fine, but only supports the most basic options yet. Also, the configuration browser with icons on the right side is just a mockup, and is not implemented yet -but it gives you an idea of the direction I'm planning for the launcher.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	joyconfig.png
Views:	224
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	31404   Click image for larger version

Name:	launcher.png
Views:	213
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	31405  

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 27 April 2012 at 20:33.

Page generated in 0.06629 seconds with 12 queries