View Single Post
Old 18 April 2012, 04:26   #6
matthey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx View Post
This is just a side effect of DWARF2 being the default debugging format in vbcc. There is no debugger which understands DWARF in a Hunk format executable.
Usually you will specify -g together with the -hunkdebug option to make vbcc output SAS/C-style LINE debug information instead.
Hi Frank,

I noticed that I needed "vc -g -hunkdebug MyProgram.c" in order to get hunk symbols. Why isn't the vbbc -hunkdebug option the default in vbcc:config/aos68k? GCC 2 and 3 (support the Amiga hunk format) don't need a switch for Amiga symbol hunks (included by default). I don't know what kind of debug hunks they can output though.

Your new 68k optimizations in vasm have been working well. I found some compiled code with a simple peephole optimization that we somehow missed. Vasm could optimize:

lea 0,An -> suba.l An,An

The Natami fpga CPU project was split from the Natami project and is now called the Apollo. This was done to market to and support other customers better. I have been busy helping with that. I am working on some of the documentation and will probably contact you in the next few weeks about ISA changes and support.

Page generated in 0.04353 seconds with 11 queries