View Single Post
Old 24 February 2012, 11:01   #28
paulo_becas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofchaos View Post
Oh and one question, the card I`m using was already formatted on real Amiga hardware, should I still format using the HP format utility?

Additional: The card I have is 4 gig (Sandisk) in capacity and shows up on the Amiga with the 3.7 GB on the card. Is it neccesary to partition the card?
If you want to use this card with an operating system on it (workbench) i advice you to do it. The first partition should have at least 512Mb for the system and you can use the rest for games or other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofchaos View Post
I am using the Fat95 system on my real Amiga so does the card need to be formatted in a native Amiga disk format?

My primary use is to transfer data back and forth between emulation and the real thing, do you advise I use WinUAE to transfer the files or can I just use windows to drop and drag files on the card?
In this case, and if the card is working fine you shouldn't do anything.
If you just want to transfer files between the PC and the amiga using the PCMCIA adapter you don't need WinUAE for it, just plug the card to the PC and copy the files you want to it then plug it again to the amiga and use Dopus or other file manager to copy them.

Last edited by prowler; 24 February 2012 at 22:03. Reason: Fixed quote.

Page generated in 0.04384 seconds with 11 queries