View Single Post
Old 12 February 2012, 11:28   #58
Lord Riton

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
I don't think so. I played a demo version long ago and it didn't impress me.
Like i said, you should play it for a longer while, to learn to appreciate all the improvements.

Quote:
And very illogical units. In HOMM2 there is some logic in which units belongs to which faction. None of that in HOMM3.
Btw I don't like the HOMM3 units.
This of your comments i really don't understand. I find the units do really well fit to their factions, and i love them all.

Quote:
How can it be larger than the screen ? Units are smaller, aren't they ?
The H2 field is 11X9 hexagons. The H3 field is 15X11. Of course the units are a little bit smaller then, but still they are much more detailled and look better, because Homm2 is in 640X480 256 colors, while Homm3 is in 800X600 65536 colors.

Quote:
What are the HOMM3 specific skills ?
I cannot list them up all here. Almost all hero has it's own (a fiew have the same special skill). Some skills are:

- The hero gets a 5% bonus to Logistic skill for each of his levels. Ie, if you are at lvl 10, you get 50% bonus to your logistic skill. If you have a 30% (expert) logistic, this means it's like if you had a 45% logistic skill (30% + 50% of 30% = 45%).
- The hero gives you 350 suplementary gold per day. Or one other ressource per day.
- The hero does specialize with one of his creatures, like Valeska for example, who is specialized with archers or the upgraded version (Marksmen), and so these get +1 speed, and also +1 att and +1 def for each 4 lvls Of Valeska.
- Some heroes are specialized with a specific spell, like meteor shower for exemple, he then makes more damage with this spell.
- And so on...

Quote:
A lot of them were already not very useful in HOMM2. Worse there, eh ?
No, it's much better, all are usefull.

Quote:
And the game is much slower.
There are more things and the maps are bigger, so yes, it is a bit slower on the same PC. But the IA of the computer is also stronger.

Quote:
HOMM2 musics are good too. Do you have CD tracks of it ?
Barbarian music: [ Show youtube player ]
You can find all other musics, with their town view, there too.

Quote:
Mile ahead ? For me it's a regression !
You only played some sort of (probably early) demo, and you can say this ?
Like i said, go play it for a longer while, i'm sure it would change your mind by far.. Don't forget, i played homm2 for a very intense and long while before homm3 came out too. I know both, you not..

Quote:
Btw isn't there an HOMM4 game on the PC, too ?
This is prouve to me that you only played homm casualy.
We are now at version 6 of heroes of might and magic. I personnaly preffer homm3. I have and played them all 6.

Quote:
Well, convert the x86 code to 68k and we'll see
I'm aware that Homm3 cannot fit on "normal" Amigas. It's just to big. There would have to be some sort of remake and not just source transposition. The graphics and animation would have to suffer a lot. Also the IA would probably have to be simplified a bit to make it fast enough. Probably not possible.

Page generated in 0.04471 seconds with 11 queries