View Single Post
Old 16 January 2012, 20:10   #13
Synthesize Me
Amigaholics Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
Also, thanks a lot! Yeah, Mssiah reactions on Midi commands really seem unpredictable. When i got it, i just sampled the sounds most of the time. Lately i went to using sequencer running in sync with something else. It kinda feels like Protools in 8bit, doesnt it? Actually id love to hear some stuff from you (pretty sure, im not the only one). Do you have a link?
Yeah, I really love the mssiah. Its very to similar to modern day DAWS which makes it so much easier and quicker to make tunes on the C64 compared to using the classic tracker format! I really wish there was something comparably on the Amiga...

If you really want to bring out the best of the C64 and mssiah, then I can't stress enough the importance of installing the SID2SID (second SID chip) and getting your hands on an original 1351 mouse! I was using an Amiga mouse for a while but for some reason it would totally screw with the typing on the 64's keyboard, so after getting a 1351 everything worked perfectly! The SID2SID mod is actually pretty easy to do even though you need to put together the board yourself (there are some sellers on eBay that sell the components needed in one pack). It was actually my first major mod and use of the soldering iron and I got it working!

Unfortunately I don't yet have a website or my chiptune music hosted anywhere because for the longest time I didn't even have an artist name! I'm always making all different kinds of music and have several different projects going on at once so it's hard to finish some stuff up. I have a ton of half finished songs but nothing I've completely finished or recorded and converted to mp3. But I'm working on it, and I promise I'll have something to share soon!
It doesn't help that I've been wasting so much time on trying to get the delfina working so I can make some 8+ chanel MODs...

Anyway, I hope you get everything working. Keep us posted!

Page generated in 0.04295 seconds with 10 queries