View Single Post
Old 04 September 2011, 01:42   #25
Kroah

Hello Jotd!

Thanks for your kind words and support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
I just tried the viewer and apart from a few unexplained bugs (irrelevant links, for instance for the ceramic pot), it's great!
Unfortunately, most of the strange links can't be fixed.
Initially, the Bitmap Brothers intended to put 4 worlds in 1 map. They have split them up later (2 worlds per map). BUT they have left most of the unused data of the 2 other worlds in the map. After this they have improved/updated the maps, so there are many (many) unwanted links between the unused data and the real data.
On top of that, when an item is needed by an event (keys, chests...), the event don't know which of the multiple "teleport key" present in the map is the correct key.
All those false links overload the display, that's why i have added some display options.

Tell me if you have still irrelevant links (even with the above explanation) with the latest version (see the following post). Actually i don't see anything incorrect with the ceramic pots.

Quote:
I'm disappointed to see that we got everything pretty much figured out, except for most help bonuses of level 1 (this big room at the bottom right of level 3 is empty).
I agree. I hoped some very hidden secrets, but haven't found anything special.

Quote:
Kroah now you know that the "the game adapts to the player skills" hype is not real. The game just yields more health/lives bonuses when you're about to die, but it does not help you to finish the game anyway. Clever, but not magic.
Yep, it seems the game helps the player with bonus hardcoded in the map.
I haven't disassembled everything but i don't think there's a special and well hidden code evaluating the player skill in realtime.

Quote:
Another thing is that maybe the level data is slightly different according to the versions.
With the extracted and unpacked data of the Atari, Amiga & PC versions, i have seen some subtle differences in the maps. Haven't got the time to interpret them right now but still curious to know them.

Cheers

Page generated in 0.05858 seconds with 10 queries