View Single Post
Old 21 May 2011, 22:45   #8
prowler
Global Moderator

I have original copies of both the Amiga Developer CDs V1.1 (May 1996) and V2.1 (December 1999).

Whilst the V1.1 CD (Schatztruhe) is silver, the V2.1 CD (Haage & Partner), which I bought new in 2001, has a slight, but unmistakeable, greenish tint. And yet the artwork is printed directly to the surface of the CD's label side.

I also have original Amiga OS 3.9 CDs with both red and pink (SE) artwork which have silver playing surfaces, but I have heard that Amiga OS 3.9 CDs recently bought from Vesalia have turned out to be supplied on CD-R media.

I'm sure that Thomas is correct in his assumption that some Amiga companies can no longer afford to produce silver CDs when where are only a small number of companies. However, this in not true in every case. After all, Amiga OS 4.x (Hyperion) are currently supplied on silver media. Nevertheless, I'm also sure that Vesalia are not selling pirate copies.

Incidentally, petemaxi, I have a spare original copy of the Amiga developer V1.1 CD (disc only), which contains a great many files in common with the Amiga developer CD V2.1. If you would like it, I will send it to you for the cost of postage if you PM me your address details.

Page generated in 0.04291 seconds with 11 queries