View Single Post
Old 12 April 2011, 04:15   #3
Lord Riton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leffmann View Post
The green and red are always more pronounced than blue, and typically you want more red shades than blue, and even yet more green shades. You could try with f.ex 32 grays + 7 red * 8 green * 4 blue = 256 colors.
Am not sure if only 4 "blues" would be better, but will try it. Or why would they not have done about the same with 16 bit 565 (red5, green6, blue5) mode ?

Quote:
If it's not a problem to select a different fixed palette then you might find a better one quickly by putting all your graphics in one large image and letting f.ex Photoshop dither the image to 256 colors, and trying the resulting palette...
Already tought about this, but this would force me to redoo the palette each time i added a new object or other graphic to the game, also each time all other objects would lose a bit of their "beauty" because they get less colors declined from them.

Quote:
Also, did you try Floyd-Steinberg dithering? It is based around an error diffusion just like your advanced algorithm, but uses a larger kernel:

Code:
advanced algorithm      Floyd-Steinberg

0 0 0                  0 0 0

0 0 1                  0 0 7

0 1 0                  3 5 1
This is very good info you gave me here, thanks a lot, will try to use these values

Page generated in 0.07149 seconds with 11 queries