View Single Post
Old 01 April 2011, 04:04   #16
Mr B

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Why is using more comfortable tools less right than the puristic approach?
I told you, you could blame it on me being stubborn, it has very little to do with more, or less right ;- )

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
That's quite easy to check: just enter

cd devs:modules
dir

Probably there is no file called a300.ld.strip in this directory, otherwise it would have found it.
It was there, and combined with your statement that it should have found it made me go back to my copy of the drive, grab a unmodifyed startup-sequence, and add the line. After transferring it to the "Amiga" it now works. Plain odd, i could swear they are alike, but now it works, b4 it didn't. Well, at least i think it works. Without the reboot item that is. And it still only see 8GB, so i take it it hasn't rebooted, which means the command works, but doesn't do it's thing just yet.
I'll look in to that next. In the morning.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, and having lots of patience.
;- )
B!

Edit
Looks like the reboot part doesn't have to be specified for LoadModule, as compared to load43module. That was to easy, and the last thing i tested. *sigh* Well, looks like it's loading as supposed. Fire up WinUAE, start the "Amiga" and then CTRL+Home+Insert, both mouse buttons, and "Boot with no startup-sequence" and when i use the loadmodule list feature it shows up... Should be resident from the previews boot. But the drive is still seen as 8GB in HDInstTools. It should work under WinUAE, right? When HDInstTools is scanning for devices it should detect actuall hardware parameters, i think? The true spec should be 26550 cylinders, 16 heads and 63 sectors. What i get is 16383 cylinders. The rest is right. Total size reported as 8.062MB. WinUAE, where you add the drive, knows full well it's 12.8GB large. (HD controller IDE0)
Confusing, if anything.
/Edit

Last edited by Mr B; 01 April 2011 at 21:00.

Page generated in 0.04196 seconds with 10 queries