View Single Post
Old 24 January 2011, 09:42   #97
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
Okay, I certainly won't use him then
Misunderstanding here ?
I mean, Theron is the ghost you are when you haven't got any character yet.

Quote:
Yes, it would be nice if more people actually tried this dungeon from hell.
Sure. And the other dungeons, too.

Quote:
It could be interesting to add the option to update only at half the number of frames so that users can select this as needed. Also, those double scan modes aren't that bad in 16 color mode, which is used by DM, right?
Actually it's 32 colors. Atari version used interrupt and cpu, Amiga version use copper, but my version uses 32 colors like DM2.

Or course i could update half frame... something to be thought of...

Quote:
Hmm, isn't this info in the code somewhere? I mean, it has to be somewhere, right? Anyway, how optimized is that ST gfx engine? Could I take a look at it?
Yes you can take a look at it. I will make an extract for you, containing the main routines. While most of the code is stupid compiled C code (for the parts i didn't rewrite yet ), the gfx routines are optimised, bad-ass asm routines.

Quote:
Hmm, in the version I have, there are many jsr -xyz(a6) lines with no comments. Furthermore, the point is that the jsr itself isn't more readable, see here (FrexxEd shot): Attachment 27643
Sorry. My code is independent of includes apart mine, and is likely to always remain so. Code using the lib performs no direct calls anyway.

Quote:
Yes, certainly bigger and better I think you should try some others. CygnusEd has a good macro system (all functions can be used in a macro) and is fast, but it's not the best programmers editor. As for FrexxEd, it has the script language FPL, which is 99% C, which is fantastic. I've made quite a few alterations to it with this script system, and it's macros are just FPL scripts (and editable in the editor itself), and thus far more powerful than anything available, but it's not as fast as CygnusEd.

There's of course a plethora of mediocre editors out here, so I sugest you try these two first (FrexxEd is open source now, I have the key file if you want it)... if you feel up to it
I may try... one day...

Quote:
Ha ha, you can do that with any editor In fact, with FrexxEd's script language you could do a whole editor for it (might become a little slow... maybe).
The dungeon format is just too complex for that. There are many things you need to adjust/compute, many bit fields, and so on.
Phxass only computes a few things and despite its speed, the process isn't too fast for big dungeons.
Note that if you want to know more about it, the dungeon format is documented at the dmweb site.

Page generated in 0.04459 seconds with 11 queries