View Single Post
Old 18 January 2011, 13:47   #1
Lord Riton

Quests Of Nargoth

Hello,

Long time agoo, it was arround 1995-1999, i wanted to make an amiga RPG game. I wanted it to be in 3D (Wolfenstein 3D kind), with turn based fightings (champions of Krynn combat style).
I named it "QON" that stands for: "Quests Of Nargoth".
I never finished the game, we couldn't even really play it, in fact it never past the state of a level editor, but the 3D motor worked and we could move in it with the keyboard or the mouse. We could build real levels with it already, outdor levels or in dungeon levels.
Unfortunatly i stopped to work at it in 1999 when Amiga was more than dead for me.
If i would have know that there are still fans of the amiga in 2011 i would probably never have stopped and probably we could now play it, who knows..

Unfortunatly my amiga HD gave up his life so i lost all the source files from QON.
But i still have a CD i made with QON on it, and i managed to run it on my WinUAE emulator. It's not the very lastest version i made, but close enough.

If anyone is interested into trying it out, i have added the QON folder as attachment. It's zipped.
I don't know how to do for other emulators, or if you can even manage to start in on your real amiga, but with WinUAE i set it as AGA, with a 68030, 2 Mb Chip and 2Mb Fast memory.
If it doesn't draw the 3D view correctly, try to load a "Climat" with the "Climat" button.

Oh yes i forgot to mention, i'm french, so it's all in french

Edit: get the actual version from there: http://sourceforge.net/projects/qon/

Last edited by Lord Riton; 20 September 2011 at 07:59.

Page generated in 0.04509 seconds with 11 queries