View Single Post
Old 14 January 2011, 19:55   #92
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
Last time i played, it took me only one try to get there
Of course, you made that dungeon. If you've only played the early part a few times, then it will be harder. Also, there is a hint of panic (as per design, right?), and this doesn't help when trying to quickly navigate that area.
Quote:
Of course, if you need a pack of food he's excellent
True, but he also has to be killed to progress further into the dungeon, and if I'm not mistaken it's beneficial to do this as early as possible (not easy).
Quote:
Thanks.
No problem, after all, this dungeon is fun.
Quote:
The game really is 320x200 (even Amiga versions, and even DM2). It expects its vblank to be 50hz, so it all depends on how your screen mode promotion works.
It simply opens a screen of the required dimensions (manual input), but of a different mode. Mine is a modified DblNtsc monitor (great in interlace: 94 Hrtz interlace, far less flicker on an SVGA CRT than DblPal No flicker).
Quote:
If you are faster than 50hz, worse thing that can happen is that you get a faster game (which may, at the end, be a good thing after all).
No, that doesn't happen, and would actually not be nice when facing the dragons (when you play like me: running around them to be able to hit him from the back all the time). In fact, could it be possible that the games runs slightly slower because of the increased chipmem bandwidth?

Page generated in 0.06042 seconds with 11 queries