View Single Post
Old 20 May 2010, 22:37   #19
Romanujan

Logs are from the configuration I have uploaded (I have only ticked extra logging in Misc tab).

The slowdown seems to be either CPU or GFX related, I still need to check it somehow...

OK, I have found something interesting: when I boot my 'state-of-the-art' configuration, it is sluggish, etc. it is enough to press F12 to bring WinUAE configuration window and press cancel - and the speed goes back to normal (at least it feels normal) ALT+TAB and switch back to WinUAE also helps (but the second trick causes WinUAE to stop reacting to keyboard at all - typing into Amiga shell does not work, F12 and ALT+F4 does not work either). All this tested on Beta 3. Hmm...

I attach the logs (configuration as in previous attachment + ticked 'crate log file') from short Beta 3 session when I performed the F12 trick to bring emulation speed to normal level.

OK, I've got several things still to check: try clean OS 3.9 (or OS 3.9 with Picasso), clean AmiKit install, try to run DirectX 9 Web Update, try to upgrade NVidia drivers to the latest ones (which will probably clutter icons on my desktop again), etc. But certainly not today, I need to get up early tomorrow...
Attached Files
File Type: 7z logs-F12-trick.7z (8.7 KB, 425 views)

Page generated in 0.06938 seconds with 12 queries