Thread: A600 Options
View Single Post
Old 13 February 2010, 15:18   #76
Allen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakit.com View Post
@Allen1

You can thread this male to female cable between the top and bottom halves of the A600 or A1200 and secure it to the case lip just above the PCMCIA socket. You then have an external 40-pin IDE socket.

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/...roducts_id=550
Hi there amigakit.com,

that is the type of cable that I refer to, good to see that you have ready made cables that fit the bill. I would probably secure the end to the base of the unit on the ledge at the back of the 600 or 1200 in the position Zetr0 fitted his slim line CD/DVD and like his mod, I would cut the top of the case to surround the socket. A simple bracket could be made similar to the idea below which allows for 2 screws/nuts and bolts to clamp the male end to the internal ledge at the top of the base as mentioned and maybe some hot glue to finish it off.

........___________________........................... ___________________......... my drawing is pretty poor
__ _|........................................... |_ __.......... __._|_: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :_|_.__ ignore the full stops used for padding
....I < ------ screws/etc ------ > I

I'm seriously considering this idea, but it won't be for a couple of months as there are too many birthdays in this month and March to buy the items needed ie cable and the buffered interface. I know where to go when I am ready, for around £25 or so delivered, it is a cheap method of using an external hard drive or CD rom etc or maybe even an IDE Zip drive.

One of the main reasons for the socket at the back is because I put the CF adapter on the 600 above the PCMCIA slot.

Page generated in 0.09384 seconds with 10 queries