View Single Post
Old 23 December 2009, 23:54   #68
Stedy

@Bebek

The resistors are included as good practice. Those on the +5V and +12V supplies are there in case you accidentally short these pins to ground.

The CSYNC signal could damage the video decoder, the reasons are stated on the website and in the original guide.

@Dreamcast270MHz

What sort of component video do you want?

Y/C where you have a luminance & synchronisation and a chrominance signals for better colours than colour composite?

RGB video where you have Red, Green & Blue video with separate sync signals or sync on green?

Y Pr Pb video where you have a Luminance (B&W video) and two colour difference signals which get processed to provide the colour information?

@Thread

The problem with the video chips in modern TVs is not due to the fact they are made in non-PAL countries, the problem is the Amiga.

The PAL non-interlaced video is not correct, there is a lack of equalising pulses which some TVs get upset with. I need to measure the interlaced output to see if that is correct.

If your TV has got RGB mode selection and aspect ratio control, you can leave these signals unconnected. I like them set as it save fiddling around with the remote. I will always recommend reducing the CSYNC signal to reduce the potential for damage to the TV.

23 pin connectors are difficult to obtain. I stocked up when Maplin finished with them

In the UK, ESR components sell 23 way plugs:
http://www.esr.co.uk/electronics/pro..._multipole.htm

Hopefully over christmas I will have some free time to play with video circuits.

Ian

Page generated in 0.05248 seconds with 11 queries