View Single Post
Old 28 October 2009, 21:43   #4
antonvaltaz

Hmmm... sounds a bit odd. I'm afraid I can't give you a definitive answer but I can give you a few observations that might help you along.

First off, you don't need OS 3.9 - the AF 3.x config basically is 3.9 (if you search Cloanto's website there's an article on why they don't call it 3.9). Second, avoid the Workbench 1.3 config altogether - this was for the first generation Amigas, e.g. A500 (you might need the 1.3 Kickstart ROMs to play some older floppy games, but that's an entirely separate issue).

Third, you shouldn't have to manually drop your laptop resolution - WinUAE should automatically change your resolution down if necessary when you start it (and automatically change it back when you exit, like a Windows game). On my laptop (1280 x 800 by default) when I started the AF 3.x config in full-screen mode, WinUAE shifted the resolution to 800 x 600 to match the Workbench resolution, till I altered the settings in Workbench to 1280 x 800 - but in either case it filled the screen completely.

The only thing I can think is that it might be an issue with Amiga Forever 2009 (I have the 2008 version). But regardless, you should be able to get it working via WinUAE itself, regardless of Amiga Forever.

Have you discovered about loading and saving WinUAE configs yet? This is a suggestion on how to proceed:

- start the AF 3.x config from the Amiga Forever player
- once it has loaded, press F12 - this brings up the WinUAE options screen (different to the Amiga Forever ones)
- save the current configuration, under a name you'll remember
- play around with the WinUAE resolution settings (and also the screenmode settings from within Workbench) until you're happy with them
- re-save your customised configuration

Now, in future, don't load up the Workbench 3.x config from the AF Player. Instead, you should choose 'WinUAE Configuration' and load up your own personalised configuration from the WinUAE options window.

Hope this is of some help!

Page generated in 0.04421 seconds with 11 queries