View Single Post
Old 04 October 2009, 23:36   #10
Rixa

Here's my attempt at everything. It could possibly still use some work at places. If at places it looks odd or out of place, it may well be just me trying to keep it true to the original. Ask if you feel its too odd. Translated in order of appearance.

SITIMUS

An angular city level, specialties repair-, refuel- and ammo spots that have been marked with appropriate signs.
The speedrace track is marked on the track with gray arrows.
Difficulty of the speedrace: 7

TROPULUS

A small round easy level, where racing occurs clockwise around the center.
Difficulty of the speedrace: 4

["small round" is probably a cultural reference to a catchphrase of an old bread commercial, but that kind of meaning is hard to carry across so perhaps its looking weird for no reason]

EKOLOS

A comfortable nature-themed cave level, where you defeat your adversary really easily.
No speedrace.

METAROLA

A level for really skilled pilots only, as the difficulty of the speedrace is a frightening full 10.
The speedrace track is marked with signs

LIKVIDIUS

A sweet level, but beware of in the sauce getting stuck!!!
No speedrace.

[This is impossible. The adjective is not exactly 'sweet' but an uncommon variant with some additional meanings that I struggle to understand myself. If you can think of an uncommon English synonym for sweet, perhaps use it instead. The rest is saying beware of getting stuck in the broth/gravy/sauce. But to be 'in' the gravy is also a figure of speech for being in trouble. I'm not sure if that is intended or if the author just wanted to be funny here. The word order is also unlikely and I've preserved it here, but Finnish is much more flexible about word order than English so it may be a bit too much. I used 'sauce' for no good reason. Maybe broth would be better. It's liquidy, right? Obviously it's just referring to the pool of liquid in the level.]

New Name
Nobody
The name is already listed!
The list cannot take any more!
Done
Edit
No Name
Remove
- Press Button -

stats.png:

Games played
won
draws
lost
total

Smashed ships
broken by bullets
collided into walls
collided together

game time
speed record
average speed record of the level

text.png:

choose your name from the list
if it is not yet there then write it by choosing New Name from the end of the list
editing/removing a name happens by turning the joystick right for about 5 seconds on the name in question

If you don't wish to play a TURBORANKING game then choose Nobody from the beginning of the list or switch the function off on the main screen
NB: both players must choose either a name or Nobody Otherwise shall the game not start.

write your name IN THE MIDDLE of the box because elsewhere it will not work as the program continously centers your text. The finished text you sign for with the button and confirm it from the menu that the button press will make appear into your line of vision. [seriously.]

you are now about to remove/edit a name already on the list. editing happens normally - that is .. (and then the same as above).

winloose.png:

Fortunately victories aren't taxed, even though there would be grounds for it! [originally in singular, but sounds too weird in English that way]
Your buddy ran out of points, so you only get points.

YOU WON

you get points as follows
victory ships handicap speedrace total
position points

YOU LOST

In addition to the honor lost you also lose points by the appropriate measure!!

DRAW

you get points as follows
handicap speedrace total
position points

ws.png:

weapon 1 - ammo type
weapon 2 - ammo type

load
batch 1
batch 2
save

title.png:

The legal owner of this copy of the game:
(name, address)

NB!!! This program is not PD, so do not copy or otherwise distribute
it, but conveniently order your own version by mail at address:

(name, address)
Tel (941) 741 786

Price only 36 FIM + postage

[I'm not sure what to do about this screen. The addresses are no longer current, the area code of the telephone number does not exist anymore and neither does the currency implied.]

menu.png:

painovoima=gravity.

misc.png:

START
GOAL
speedrace
speed race
unidentified.. where is it?

Games: w/l/d (won, lost, draw - I think)
Game time
Ships: t/b/w (together, bullets, walls - I think)
You donate 00.0 points to the winner
You donate 00.0 points to your buddy

Page generated in 0.05759 seconds with 11 queries