View Single Post
Old 29 September 2009, 19:39   #29
KillaByte

@vroom6sri:
Erm ... in comparison to the aerial input? Different worlds I'd say since the aerial input most probably is even worse than Composite which already is bad enough.

@Stedy:
Nice work man - good to see that someone with the right background has a look at this. Over the years I've seen many RGB->SCART cables and only a few with the same pinout

I'm especially grateful that you shed some light on the fact with the CSYNC voltage. I was puzzled why one of my cables would have a resistor on CSYNC.

I built myself a custom cable to connect my A1200 to my Sweetspot RGB capture card. With that and DScaler I can use my Amiga on my TFT screen (or even windowed on my Windows desktop)

The card doesn't seem to bother that CSYNC is too high. But on my next cable I'll include a resistor.

I was thinking about building a SCART cable with 75 Ohms coax cables for RGB and CSYNC (just butcher an old SVGA or good SCART cable). But those cables don't have enough non-coax lines for all the other signals.

Would you mind checking the impact of using impedance matched coaxial cables for RGB + CSYNC?

Page generated in 0.04303 seconds with 10 queries