View Single Post
Old 05 September 2009, 02:52   #35
FrenchShark
FPGAmiga rulez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I wouldn't do this because there are at least one demo that clears C-channel BLTCON0 bit, writes to BLTSIZE and expects nothing to be drawn

EDIT:

(I talked about this in some beta thread): blitter seems to change to (currently) unexplained cycle sequences (or even stop) if USEx flags or fill mode on/off change and blitter is already running. Testing all combinations could reveal blitter's internal cycle sequence system. Unfortunately this would be extremely boring.. (32 * 32 tests, 16 channel combinations + fill mode on/off)
Well, for one demo, I do not really care. I am even wondering if I will implement this extra fill mode cycle. The Minimig does not do it and it still nice to be faster than the original. Usually it does not hurt.

For example, the VHDL implementation of Capcom's 1943 that I have has a Z80 running at 24MHz (the original runs at 6MHz). Only the instructions fetches are slowed down to 6MHz. As a result, the animation is smooth all the time even with the maximum number of sprites (128 total).

Regards,

Frederic

Page generated in 0.04491 seconds with 10 queries