View Single Post
Old 26 August 2009, 00:26   #15
DamienD
Banned

Oh, I guess I should also mention a few things just to try to clear up the approach taken:

a) I used the "Compressed file" option as usually if you find a full TOSEC set it will be in the form of a directory name for each DAT and then contain the individual files zipped. Secondly as mentioned above, this also stops the behavour Peo discovered with errors due to extremely long paths i.e. "destination path + rebuildto + file name + file name".ADF (which is how ClrMAMEPro handles the rebuilding of uncompressed files and becomes a Windows file system limitation). Finally, when having all the DATs merged into one massive "Mega DAT" you need to have individual DAT name paths due to some files existing in more than one DAT.

b) I used the full name of the DATs instead of slighty shorter ones as it's easy to identify exactly what DAT the files belong to in terms of release date and name. As I'm sure most of you know there are loads of TOSEC Amiga DATs floating around on the internet, this helps you quickly identify exactly what ones are contained within the "Mega DAT".

Page generated in 0.04206 seconds with 10 queries