View Single Post
Old 10 July 2002, 10:18   #82
Bloodwych

Some fantastic WB's from those running either WinUAE Picasso or powerful real Amiga's with multisync monitors.

The majority of people however probably have real Amiga's running at TVresolutions and it's great to see custom setup's like Paul’s,Akira's and others using this restraint!

Me, well all I have is my A1200HD, 68020, 10MB RAM and TVres (640x256) monitor. I've tried Magic TV, but it just can't prevent my headaches from interlaced mode. I've also tried higher PAL resolutions, but to me it just doesn't look right.

So on my Amiga, as many of you know, I built a "Classic" looking WB using the Amiga's default res (640x256). It's very powerful yet simple look has the following advantages:

*It still looks very "Retro" - much like the original 3.0 WB!
*It works great on any TVset.
*It absolutely flies on a 14Mhz 68020 (screenmode only 8 colours!).
*The icons are proportioned for 640x256, no ugly tall MagicWB or NewIcons designed for square pixels.
*On boot, over 2MB CHIPRAM is available based on a system with 1 disk drive and HD - it will run the game "Legends" from the WB!

All you need for this is an A1200 (a little fast is vital for certain programs) and TV. That's it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	classicwb_full_aga_v6.png
Views:	1628
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	2933  

Last edited by Bloodwych; 10 July 2002 at 14:16.

Page generated in 0.04453 seconds with 12 queries