View Single Post
Old 01 July 2002, 14:04   #65
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Thanks for the uploads, Retroman! I couldn't get Powerplay Eishockey Manager to work, as it just crashed upon booting. It was infected with the Joshua Bootblock Virus, which I removed (well, I kept a copy of the bootblock for my collection) and it seems to work fine now. I cleaned it up a bit, too (renamed the disk from "Copy of POWERPLAY" to POWERPLAY, killed some useless .info files), then renamed it to TOSEC-style and it's now in the Zone.

Is this game a crack or did it come from an original? I wonder because if it did, it may not be 100%. It appears to have been copied using Workbench (hence the "Copy of" on the diskname). In the root dir of the disk is a file (I forgot the name of it, it's two letters) that has all file attributes turned off. When I reset them to RWED, the file still would not copy to RAM. Sometimes, this is still OK (ie, on Bootgirl disks), but if it came from an original, it could be a file that didn't image properly. My German was not enough to where I delved beyond the first screen I got to. So I never got to the screens as seen near the top of this page (the title screen and in-game screen). Do those screens match up with this game/disk?

Any info will be a major help to a mere yank.

Page generated in 0.06152 seconds with 11 queries