View Single Post
Old 06 April 2009, 15:55   #6
Loedown
Precious & fragile things

Greetings,
Interestingly enough, I have now run everything off the GVP 030 Combo and the speed has increased very slightly, but the performance is still quite woeful. I have the card with 2 of 3 ram locations full, I was going to drop an additional 72 pin SIMM onto it today when...I found it takes custom ram GVP 64 pin. I have taken the very old 250 Mb Quantum Fireball out of the system, I am now just running an old Hawk Seagate drive and a newer Quantum, along with the Sony CRX-145S. I am using MakeCD and I have set the write speeds to 1, to indicate 1X burn, yet the damned drive wants to burn initially at around 5.3X, then it gradually winds back to about 3X before the buffer runs out at 12%. The GVP memory has been allocated as Extended Ram, it shows up as fast ram in the system window.

I figured making a backup image first would be a better idea, just grabbing data off a single drive, but no, it makes no difference.

BTW. I'll trade any amount of ram, within reason for a single stick of working 4Mb GVP 64, I have every other type of SIMM you could imagine, including 30 pin 1/2/4Mb, 72 pin EDO / non EDO 256/4/8/16/32, PC100 128Mb, PC133 a few sticks and some older DDR400 I believe.

If DC33 claims he had no issues, then I wonder what actually is the bottleneck in my machine?

Any ideas most welcome, I just want to back the damned machine up, 195 lousy Mb.

I'll have some parts available for selling very soon, all Zorro II cards, some tested, some not, if anyone is interested?

Paul

Page generated in 0.04377 seconds with 10 queries