Thread: A-Max disks?
View Single Post
Old 22 February 2009, 01:33   #22
Supamax
Da Digger :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
I'll ask Boo Boo if he could upload something suitable for this task. Thanks for the suggestion.
I, too, have the A1200 version somewhere (but never used it, of course, since I only have A500/A600s ). I can check and give you useful hints about the settings I used for the A-Max dumps.
However do read below .

Quote:
Disk2FDI is an imaging tool only, so it is not intended for writing the images it produces back to floppy disks. To be fair, I don't think it is possible to restore some of the images it produces without extra hardware, given the tricks it performs.

I'm not really expecting an .FDI image from this type of disk, but hopefully something more like an .IMG file of size 800kB suitable for restoring to a 3½-inch floppy disk with an imaging tool similar to that used for Atari ST floppies.
Believe me, it would be *much less* hassle to use this God-blessed Mac dumping utility, if only we can find it .
We/I could do so (with 2 floppy drives. Better with 3 of them):
- boot A-Max
- boot the virtual Mac with the System Disk (I have one - Italian - as real 3.5" A-Max format)
- format a new empty A-Max floppy in the external floppy drive
- dump the System floppy to an image (compressed?) in the external floppy drive. Mmmm, this could not work if the dumping utility cannot save compressed image. Damn!
- (with CrossMac) extract the image file from the A-Max floppy to an AmigaDOS floppy/HD/CF, saving it for later use
- do the opposite in order to recreate a real A-Max floppy

EDIT: is there a way to have (in A-Max II.x) more RAM than the physical available? Perhaps hit knows how?

Last edited by Supamax; 22 February 2009 at 01:41.

Page generated in 0.04396 seconds with 11 queries