View Single Post
Old 15 September 2008, 10:02   #208
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

Sorry DDNI, I have to feed the troll.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser View Post
I don't care about what Lorne says...who is Lorne? a scientist?
I say what I think and what I experimented....
UV light does not help to accelerate

it's not very difficult to understand that heat is the best accelerator because when the liquid is exposed to severe air heat......
that means accelerated with a stove which produces warm air.....the h202 start immediately to bubble......so the reaction is ready fast

bubble = h202 reaction

there's no rapid bubble reaction using any kind of UV light...I tested that
@ Laser

Yes, I am a scientist; I am a former industrial chemist with 25 years experience in oils and petrochemicals, is that enough qualifications for you? Lorne is working the wrinkles out of the process with my help, which you would know if you had bothered to read the thread.

The UV is required as it destabilises the co-ordinate bond formed between the bromine in the flame retardant and the oxygen. This allows the peracetic acid (formed by TAED reacting with peroxide) to detach the oxygen and it gets replaced by a hydrogen, effectively re-capping the polymer chain.

The UV doesn't create bubbles, that is partly due to how much Oxy you add as the TAED in the Oxy catalyses the peroxide.

I suggest you read the TAED Wiki as it goes into more detail as to what I'm talking about. I'm not going to copy and paste chemical formulae into this post as it shouldn't be necessary and puts people to sleep...

In short, I am telling you what works.....if 99 Fahrenheit's worth of heat doesn't work without UV light, doesn't that tell you something....?

The pictures posted of the results speak for themselves.

Last edited by Merlin; 15 September 2008 at 13:44.

Page generated in 0.04335 seconds with 10 queries