View Single Post
Old 22 May 2007, 02:27   #99
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarEye
Uhm, Mario is a much more advanced game than Bubble Bobble, so that "dumbing down" argument doesn't hold much water.
sorry, but i dont think so.... i wouldnt say it if i didnt think so with good reason. There is a lot of just "rolling along bashing stuff" in Mario, its the gameplay i'm talking about here, not the number of levels or anything. I think BB requires much more of a delicate and precise touch, and encourages the player to get a bit creative - especially later on in the game, whilst mario very much allows for the player to "find a route" and stick to it rigidly (there are videos of people completing the game without even looking, to prove my point here) - Rainbow Islands is probably a better example than BB tbh, as the whole diamond-order thing can really mix the game up play-after-play.... but hey, it's said now.

Quote:
Also, what type of gamer has it spawned? The type that likes platform games?
no, the sickening nintendo fanboy generation, whom believe anything graced with "Mario (TM)" is pure genius. Check out a few console forums if you'd like to meet a few. Most of them are pretty young, and will cite the SNES as "teh best0r machine 3va!!" - oh and they wont have heard of the Amiga.

i should have guessed any negative stance about Mario might cause some unrest, even if my opinions are considered (i've tried on several occasions to find the appeal of the game, but it just aint right for me) - so i'll jump ship on the point from here. you know what i think on it now... i wouldnt want anyone to take my dislike for the game personally.

Last edited by Hungry Horace; 22 May 2007 at 02:33.

Page generated in 0.04408 seconds with 11 queries