View Single Post
Old 01 April 2007, 19:48   #15
pbareges

hi guys....i'm using cf cards on IDE port mainly but i used one through pcmcia port with FAT fs to perform file transfers....to make it more efficient, i managed to partition my pcmcia plugged cf card the same way i did for my IDE plugged cf card (with FFS fs)...with hdtoolbox and hdinsttools i was able to do so switching DEVICE to compactflash.device...once dosformatted under hdinsttools, i was able to see the newly formatted partitions and write on them...but upon reboot they were all gone...i tried to build mount files inspired by the one you posted ppill (replaced fs by L:FastFileSystem, DosType to 0x444f5301) changing the parameters according to hdinsttools (blockpertrack 2176, interleave 1 instead of 0, stacksize 600, priority 10, lowcyl and highcyl depending on the partitionning)...i had to remove Activate=1 because it did not work with my mount version. i also tried giggledisk device compactflash.device unit 0 to test.mount but the generated file was empty ...what do you suggest ? thx in advance!

Page generated in 0.04483 seconds with 11 queries