View Single Post
Old 09 December 2006, 13:41   #6
olandrobo
artist

Some Shenandoah info

Wow! This is so cool. Someone takes interest in
our - more than a decade old - project. We have no connection to the Amiga scene anymore, so we were thrilled to find this out as we still love Amiga games!

We were four guys with a company called Exceed that developed Shenandoah for the Amiga 500 for maybe two yers. We also started some other
game projects that didn't reach finishline either. We were young
eager and naive and the projects grew out of proportions for us to handle within reasonable dev time.
(Exceed doesn't exist anymore.)

Shenandoah was cancelled because it was a sparetime project without any budget
and the programmers got tired of having no money, so they jumped
ship, leaving us with a fully playable first level separated into two
parts. We even developed our own hardware that could add two extra
joysticks thus giving a four player mode!!! Awesome! There were different player modes: either you played four small ships or two giant ships that each were controlled by two players; one controlled the ship and the other a cannon. Also you could play two small ships and one big. For the two player and the single modes you had medium sized ships.
The number of weapons were something like 25 in total! All different, they in turn had several power levels.
We have a lot of graphics for several levels done that were never implemented, but we gave up on finding
programmers that would do it in their sparetime. It would probably
make a great cellphone game today.
I'll see if I can dig out some screenshots at home. (Give me till after xmas though. I think they're left in my parents house and I'm living quite far way from there now.)

The full title was "Shenandoah, doughter of the stars". We
wrote a backstory about a former general of interstellar conflicts
who had stolen a device called Shenandoah. It was designed to make
planets inhabitable and now he built his own civilazation, which you
have to penetrate in order to bring back the Shenandoah.

The demo we have is only playable on an Amiga 1200 due to memory reasons. (The mem routines were never finished.) I have to find out how to get the demo to the pc so I can send it off to those who are interested.

We aslo made a pc demo with two additional programmers as well, but that's too buggy and
only runs in DOS. I haven't been able to start it in years.

I saw a post here tht said that he played the demo of Shenandoah from off a cover CD. We have never heard of this. Are you sure you're not mixing it up with some other game? If not, We'd very much like to know more about this please!

Thanks!

Page generated in 0.07664 seconds with 11 queries