View Single Post
Old 07 August 2006, 17:20   #5
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

@Thomas
I've used DVD-RAM and it pretty much does what it claims it can do. I've used it to read and write to DVD-RAM. It also reads DVD-ROM movie disks just fine (and IIRC plays them via Frogger) unlike the other solutions I've tried and suggested (a and b). So yes, I know what I'm talking about because unlike you it's mostly based on experience. As for UDF.......yeh I know what it is and I figure quite a few others do here too.

Can't comment on how good AllegroCDFS is as I don't really use A1200s (nor do I own the 4-way adaptor), but I didn't say that I'd used it or any of the other things that I suggested.........just that if DDNI wanted to do a bit more than reading DVDs that something having support beyond ordinary CDFS support is required.

Got any more questions you want to ask Thomas or do you want to pontificate some more? You've offered people here advice more than a few times based on "theory" rather than your own experience and have been shown to be dead wrong. But what really gets on my nerves, though, is that you chastise people for asking what you think are obvious questions (in other words you think they are idiots for asking) or just assume that they've done something stupid to cause their problem (it's the kind of bad attitude that a a fair few people who work in tech support have these days). However, not a peep is heard out of you when your advice is incorrect (or causes problems)........no apologies and no admissions of being wrong. You've got a lot to learn about good manners and humility. Nuff said!

Apologies for my rant folks......now let's get back on-topic.

Last edited by DrBong; 07 August 2006 at 17:43.

Page generated in 0.04543 seconds with 11 queries