View Single Post
Old 06 June 2006, 21:37   #26
Ray Norrish

I seem to find myself in deja vu again (having explained all this some time ago.)

This is a hidden credit part on a 4 disk music demo. The music demo was called "sonic attack" made by dcs god knows how long ago.

The music demo (being called "sonic attack" and all) featured the erstwhile character himself throughout. There were dozens of animated sprite frames of the main character made for one of the parts (the mix-e-loader I think) and at some point one of the musicians on the project had knocked up some of the sonic game tunes.

While I was waiting for graphics/music or whatever (as invariably happens with these things) I spent a little time making a spoof game of sonic, with the idea of including it somewhere in the demo as a hidden part. It seems that making it boot up from disk4 was a bad idea, because it seems to have separated itself from the main product and took over a life of it's own. One thing that is interesting is that it's percieved as some kind of "game engine" which is definately not the case.

The graphics are NOT tile based. Each layer is one large scrolled image. OK, so you can control the character with the joystick and do some stuff, but a game it isn't. It looks nice, sounds nice.. it's a spoof.

That's all I`ve need to say on the matter I hope - there's at least one other similar thread on here - and I think putting the thing back in context is important, as it now appears I`m responsible for perpetrating some lame-ass "game" when this wasn`t the purpose or intention at all.

Page generated in 0.04241 seconds with 11 queries