View Single Post
Old 01 June 2006, 06:16   #8
dilinger
Zone Friend

Hi,

I am trying to do the same thing with my HD. I'm basically trying to install, partition, format and setup a harddrive using WinUAE which I can then use with my real Amiga hardware. The problem is I'm able to format and setup the hard-drive and it works perfectly within WinUAE. I was able to install Professional File System 3 and it works as you'd expect.

But NOT when I plug the same drive into my Amiga. When I try to use the harddrive with my real Amiga it only seems to be able to work with the boot-partition (128mg), the other 5 partitions (around 7GB each) show-up as "Name:Unreadable". I cannot even format these partitions with my real Amiga as I get the PFS3 error message: "Write error -3 on block 0. Make sure disk is inserted"

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be greatful for any advice and feedback. I thought I would have no troubles as long as everything worked in WinUAE then it should work equally on my Amiga??? This doesn't seem to be the case

Btw: the harddrive is a brand new 40gb Western Digital Scorpio, fully checked and verified under Windows...so there are no hardware defects.

Page generated in 0.04430 seconds with 11 queries