View Single Post
Old 12 February 2024, 09:40   #83
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Correct.

Right from the off, DMA Design had ZERO interest in the ST or PC, their ethos was Amiga right from the start, usually with others converting their games for them.

Without Amiga, Lemmings simply wouldn't exist.

Its hard to appreciate just how bespoke the Amiga version is, I think its the only two player mouse control version, has the intro and the only one with the split screen resolution for the main game, low res for the game screen, and I think Hi res for where you click to make the Lemmings do different things.

I think the only reason why DMA did the ST version is because the Amiga version wasn't geared toward being super smooth scrolling because the game style didn't suit it so conversion to ST was easy from that perspective.
Not sure i gathered that personally from when i was making my Lemmings book, it was always planned to be multi-format, and from what i make from it, the only reason the Amiga version was first out the door was because of Dave Jones being more an Amiga fan, after all the colours of the game were due, and first demo were made on PC.

I just think Amiga owners took to the game and made more noise at the time it just kinda stuck, and what with the game coming on one month before the ST and five months before the PC in many hearts it belongs as an Amiga game, despite being developed as a multi-format one.

Last edited by Amigajay; 12 February 2024 at 10:52.

Page generated in 0.06959 seconds with 11 queries