View Single Post
Old 01 January 2024, 00:09   #95
ma693541
Computer Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dcandy View Post
Well Paul, it's like you said. The internet was closing in rapidly, the number of callers fell over time, and our only hope was to get Scene Storm II out and some cash in. As uploads fell, it became more difficult to make SS II an essential purchase, and then the Amiga just got left behind. As far as I know, the hardware has been sold on to other people, although I still have an A600 I don't use it much. Even I just got on the pc bandwagon because the hardware became far superior than even the A4000 we had. I began designing/implimenting websites, interactive cd's and stuff like that alongside my main job, then the family came along...I'm sure we all know how hard that makes maintaining stuff!

That A4000 is still probably the most reliable bit of hardware I've ever owned, downtime was minimal, it never crashed, and was a great piece of kit. The whole BBS however cost me a freakin fortune to co-run with Ian, and eventually caused me nothing but grief :-(

You can still use an BBS over the Internet, if you have an TelNet Client for your PC, Amiga or Mac. iPhone, Samsung SmartPhones or similar brands of SmartPhones. The BBS needs to be running on an TelNet Server based Computer.

Page generated in 0.04259 seconds with 10 queries