View Single Post
Old 31 December 2023, 21:17   #11
PeterK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedGeek View Post
If you want to see Move16 performance differences on a real 68040 you will find it in the "Testit" results posted in the thread linked in post #1.
No doubt that you did a good job by gaining an average speed improvement of more than 60 % and sometimes even > 100 %, but that would let my library decode large icons only ~0.5 - 0.6 % faster and some other icon and structure copies may even lose some speed due to the additional overhead. I always try to keep low-end systems in mind, because 040/060 are much faster anyway.

Update: I've examined the 40 calls of CopyMemBlock in my library a bit more. Unfortunately, there are only 3 large aligned ARGB longword copies, but none of them is used for normal icon decoding, one is for icons with 1 image only, another for the 2. images of selected icons only, and the last is for a special case, speed doesn't matter. And there are 4 copies for blocks with a few kB, which can't use CopyMemQuick(), nothing that will benefit enough from calling exec CopyMem().

Last edited by PeterK; 01 January 2024 at 16:45.

Page generated in 0.04440 seconds with 10 queries