View Single Post
Old 27 October 2023, 21:48   #26
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNdy/AL/COS View Post
I'm soon releasing my puzzle game, Spheroid, which is on a booting disk. I've used 'ECHO' in the startup-sequence to print a 'loading' message to an AmigaOS window before the game takes over.

Would including 'ECHO' in my 'c' drawer be subject to possibly similar licensing issues as the 'diskfont.library' as described above? I never really thought about it before...

The game is being distributed for free on itch.io, but there will be a 'donation' type button to cover some costs I incurred in resurrecting my real hardware.
This is not what the thread is about.

On the topic of "I want my computer to print a string of text", yes, by all means use a replacement. It's a few minutes of work to write an executable that types a string argument to the default output (CLI), there should be plenty and with more features. That can never be licensable.

Overall though, I wouldn't hesitate to copy WB executables in the c: folder to distributable floppy disks or images. The OS is expressly written to require this - i.e. the executables are not built into ROM, they are on disk, so there is no other option, if OS authors expect users to use the machines the OS is for.

Page generated in 0.05542 seconds with 11 queries