View Single Post
Old 17 October 2023, 21:09   #499
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyPPC View Post
I'm against trainers, a game is nice to play in original state, otherwise it loses its attractiveness.
I am not strictly against trainers, but in this case, I don't think it needs one as everyone can playthrough with some practice. We worked hard on each and every moment of the game, to create a experience that is fun and engaging for everyone. A trainer just kills the flow and player excitement that we are striving for, using some carefully honed gameplay mechanics. Levelskip is just extralame. A relict from the past when everyone pirated ten games a day, did not care to play any of them, but still wanted to get a glimpse of what the game was all about.

What really bugs me is the total lack of common communication skills. Nowadays, in our small community: Whoever creates a trainer, should have the guts and kindness to send the developers a release note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyzoo73 View Post
Bought the physical edition,
I must say that the game is magnificent, playing it on real hardware
and on crt is the best, much smoother than you can tell from the
various videos on the web. A cool shoot em up, fun to play, graphics
of a level never seen on Amiga, very well calibrated in the difficulty
and pushes you to replay it to get the highest score. Really well done,
I recommend it to all lovers of this genre!
Feels good to know you enjoy the game so much on real hardware. The challenge with videos on YouTube is, that most are created using emulation. Unfortunately, emulators have a hard time displaying some of the game's AGA exclusive features, like 1/4 pixel horizontal scrolling and 1/4 pixel sprite positioning. Also, I notice slight framerate issues on YouTube videos regularly. That's why the game looks and plays best on real hardware - or on MISTer, as that can mimic an AGA Amiga almost perfectly.

Last edited by buzzybee; 17 October 2023 at 21:22.

Page generated in 0.04586 seconds with 10 queries