View Single Post
Old 20 July 2023, 17:53   #515
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerS View Post
Would you maybe be willing to reconsider war cry in regards to priest experience? I know there are others who agree with me.

For the argument that "shouting" shouldn't have any magical effects, there are ways of using your ways even in real life (OM chants and similar) that certain people claim have non-physical effects so using ones voice in certain ways for magical benefits in a fantasy setting is certainly not far fetched.

In other fantasy settings you have for example the various shouts in Skyrim, and in D&D and the like spells often have verbal incantations.

If your reservation is that actions shouldn't give experience in multiple classes, how about making it only give priest experience instead (which also brings it in line with other actions with the same effect)?
There have been heated discussions on that subject.

Sure, chants are not too far-fetched.
But a barbarian with zero knowledge of magic, suddenly gaining spells out of nowhere just by shouting at monsters ? Are you sure ?

There is also the fact that this is some kind of game abuse, as it was designed to use wands/staffs for this thing - which i've always done while playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerS View Post
By the way, did you fix the bug where dragons can't be harmed by poison bolts (even Mon strength ones) even though they can be harmed by poison clouds?
https://www.dungeon-master.com/forum...163785#p163785
If not, could you fix it please? It doesn't make sense to have them immune to poison bolts when they can certainly be harmed or even outright killed (like the weak dragons in the Ros path fake walls section of CSB) by poison clouds.
I have fixed so many bugs present in original game, i don't remember.
That a dragon never receives any damage from this spell, regardless of its power, while sensitive to poison clouds, is indeed not great...
I'll have a look when i find enough time to get back into it. If not already fixed, i'll do.
I must be careful and not apply DM3.x changes blindly, as it appears they made this version a little too easy already...
So the damage made to other creatures must not really change with that patch.

Page generated in 0.07642 seconds with 11 queries