View Single Post
Old 09 June 2023, 11:14   #199
Paulee_Alex_Bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
On a serious note from my part.

I love listening interviews of DP.
I think he is charismatic, and it's interesting for me to watch him.
There's 2 main reasons that I think is cause of heavy fail of this projects:
1) His complete ignorance of the Amiga scene (Or even on the Internet overall (like Google search)).
2) He heavily underestimated intelligence of the Amigan's. Looks like he thought we are a bunch of middle age guys, ready to spend vast amount of money for anything Amiga related, not even asking for the reason.

What puzzles me the most, is why nobody of his friends, that actually know how things works, and live in 2023... why they just didn't say to DP: "Look bro. This won't work. There's google.. there's plenty of sites... people are not that dumb to pay you something they already have for free... better do some crowdfunding in try and purchase some copyrighted Amuga stuff, and make it open source.. or some idea like that".
My own perspective, was that I heard the idea, and thought “ok, that’s kind of odd, definitely not for me, I wouldn’t need any of those things as I’m quite well-connected.” But importantly, I didn’t say too much on it because:

1. I have limited time due to being a recent parent ¯\_(?)_/¯
2. I assumed he knew what he was doing, and that other people *must have* worked with him to ascertain that this was a good idea.
3. The behaviour of other people generally confuses me anyway, so I’m
always second guessing myself or self-gaslighting. Autism can be fun

I wonder if I’d strongly advised against it, would it have made a difference ¯\_(?)_/¯

Page generated in 0.04917 seconds with 11 queries