View Single Post
Old 09 June 2023, 03:07   #49
skyzoo73

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbottle View Post
Nice progress there Skyzoo.

IM76 is a talented guy, has helped me on 1 or 2 projects before, so will sound great am sure of that.

Doing arcade ports by hand is an utter utter pain in the rear quarters, but as you say, immensely satisfying when a game mechanic is Amigafield!
Thanks Acidbottle, I confirm trying to recreate all aspects of a game as faithfully as possible is my goal, and trying to understand it through gameplay or playing directly from the mame is not always so easy. I usually play it, record the video and then frame by frame I try to understand something. Sometimes successful, sometimes not. IM76 has created really perfect mods for Trojan, and it's comforting to have such a talented musician willing to help me. Multichannel music from (5-6 channels or more) has been converted with maximum quality to the Amiga format, and takes up a lot of chipram, but it's worth it given the fantastic result. Of course in the case of 4-channel music tracks when the game sounds are played something is momentarily lost, but I think you can't expect more than that. If then in the future the S.E. will support a routine with more than 4 channels, it will be possible to improve the audio more, but for now that's okay.

Page generated in 0.07702 seconds with 11 queries