amenophis
A1200.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Hi folks,

../...

@AndyC & all,

I'm Phil,

First of all, I'm glad you're happy with your case and keycaps.

However your recollection of events my dear Andy, puts myself and team on a rather bad light.
Respectfully, the way you are presenting facts aren't how things happened really...

Its easy to put shame on the team using just few words on this forum just because you didn't approve of a post being locked up.

Debunking takes a bit more time. People like drama & few complain for pretty much anything without doing any reading/research whatsoever.

This post and the one on FB are one of the few reasons we'll most certainly not produce anything else for Amiga anymore. You can mark my words. Despite the hundreds of positive feedback we get - and more - this type of attitude just kills it.

Few guys in team told me recently this is why we can't have nice things in Amiga land. And I believe them now.

Note : if someone encounter issues with products we're painfully producing for the community, maybe best thing would be try to reach any of the team guys first?

A couple guys did exactly that over the last few years and everything went smooth. I'm very glad they reached out so we could replace their unit but most importantly : collect the defective ones to send to engineers!

Is there a possibility for our cases to yellow? - Yes!

- All plastics will yellow over time - that is fact.
The catch lies in the difference in the formula used in the plastic we use.
It means that under normal use our cases won't get yellow - hence why we advertise those this way.

The cases are expensive enough to produce & the engineers we work with provided the best formula possible to avoid early yellowing or a product too sensible to light.

However
, under harsh conditions, yes they might yellow. And we have a couple examples..

Did we get reports of yellowed cases? - Yes!
- So far we had 3 reports. Those lads sent us photos & exposure details as well setup details. Turns out the conjunction of strong UV light/sun/heat where those units were exposed to resulted in case exposed parts/sections to show marks. The strongest came from a fellow user in Malta, which case was directly under the sun, under the window, no shades no nothing for a year and half.

The post on FB shows another case owner reported his unit has yellowed. This person did not contact us - hence no idea under which conditions this happened.

So here's the facts :
3+1 reported occurrences of yellowed cases (to some degrees) for more than 2K cases produced
That is a staggering 0.2% defect.

Is it necessary to go further?
- and bash the team or myself for this in the process?

Here's how this post went from my perspective.

1 - Michael Kirk posted a photo of his A1200 case, sharing and I quote :

"Has anyone else noticed their A1200.net case appears to be yellowing? Mine is currently not screwed together (messing with custom ROMs) and I've noticed the lip on the inside that is normally hidden, to the naked eye looks whiter than the outside of the case."

2 - First feedback comes from Marcel, who explains that lighting is tricky and suggest OP to check under normal light.

3 - Marcel then gives a few tips to another commenter, about the reason why things are getting yellow sometimes. (not only plastic).

4 - Michael Kirk admitted he was wrong and amended his post!

5 - I posted twice as well :
First time to explaining : "It is ILLEGAL to import/distribute plastic items anywhere if they're prone to release toxic fumes and/or able to flame burn should said event happen - the team would be legally liable if someone would get hurt because of it."

Second post I gave an example with car seat belts. Seat belts are advertised to save life. Do they shield from death? No.

I admit, the comparison is a bit far.. but at the time of writing nothing else came to mind..

6 - Mark *** comes in. He's the one in this thread who had is case gotten slightly yellowed. He did not contact us. Hence we didn't know about it.

Seeing the photo My guess is his case was partially sitting under either a window and directly facing sun, in a hot/warm environment.

So all should have ended well right?
- OP confirmed he was wrong and all is well in wonderland

Wait, This is Amigaland remember?
Nothing best than good drama.

This is where Marcel got annoyed I guess.

I'm not part of Commodore Amiga FB admin groups. I have no say.
And Marcel isn't the only admin so if this was a mistake I think the other admins would come in?
Not sure how this admins stuff work on FB though.

Was this a "Karen" stuff happening?
- Repeating over the same stuff without listening what you've been explained.. that is Karen yes.

Oh and for those not "happy" with my feedback here, just note that as much as you I have the right to share my feelings - and even more when few people objectives are just to harm under the false pretense of being wrongly shut down.

Least to say,
I have enough of it.
I won't comment further down.

Cheers.

Page generated in 0.04750 seconds with 11 queries